Juhu Beach is one Mumbai's favourite tourist attractions situated close to the city center. Read this article to know more about Juhu Beach, the activities to do, best time to visit and so on.
||Western suburbs of Mumbai|
||Film Shootings, celebrity homes, local eateries|
|Nearby Tourist Attractions:
|How to Reach:
||The beach is accessible by road, rail and is situated near the domestic and international airport.|
The Celebrity Beach Of Mumbai
The Juhu Beach in Mumbai is one of the most famous Indian beaches. This beach is known to be the one of the most-visited beaches of India and is situated in 'Ville Parle'. It is located approximately 18 km from the city center and is a desired location for most film shootings. Juhu Beach borders a posh locality where most celebrities stay and therefore, it is quite common to find famous celebrities jogging along the sands of this popular beach of Mumbai. Tourists visit this beach because of its peaceful atmosphere and its scenic beauty. Juhu Beach is also famous for its local delicacies and street food. The food stalls set up here offer excellent cuisines and snack items. People in Mumbai visit this beach to relax and enjoy after a long, tedious day. There are extravagant hotels and apartments located at the southern end of the beach. Watching the sunset in this wonderful place, guarded by the vast Arabian Sea, is a dream-like vision for anyone who visits the beach.
Activities To Do
- Try out the various local cuisines offered at the food stalls and snack joints set up at the beach. The street foods, such as 'Pani Puri', 'Bhel Puri' and 'Pav Bhaji' are just some of the many delicacies offered at the beach stalls.
- One can also visit the famous Italian restaurants here such as Little Italy, Mangi Ferra, Don Giovanni, Penne, and so on. Popular sea-food specialties are served at these quality restaurants sited near the Juhu Beach. Here, one can visit pubs and discotheques that are the youth joints of the area.
- The 'Gandhi Gram' is located at the north end of the beach, which is a place where children often enjoy their summer vacations playing sports like basketball, cricket and football.
- Exciting activities like horse and camel rides are also available at Juhu Beach. Apart from other activities, dancing monkeys are sure to enthrall the crowds.
- People who come here also indulge in activities like jogging, skipping, cycling and even attend Yoga sessions conducted by different groups.
- Exploring the statues of Indian freedom fighters like 'Lokmanya Tilak' and many other important figures offers an interesting experience as well.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Juhu Beach is from the months of October to February. It is best to avoid visiting the beach during the monsoon season as high tides are expected during this time.
How To Reach
Juhu Beach is situated very close to the domestic airport, as well as the international airport. One can hire a taxi or auto from the airport to the beach.
As Mumbai is well-connected by rail routes, reaching Juhu Beach will never be a problem. Ville Parle station is the closest railway station to Juhu Beach at a distance of 3 km from the main spot.
Juhu Beach is easily accessible by road. Apart from taxis and autos, public transport such as MTDC buses and private buses from many areas of the city are available. Dadar Bus Stand is only 15 km from the beach.
One of Mumbai's popular beaches and arguably the most-visited one, Juhu Beach is a perfect place to enjoy a lovely sunset. This beautiful beach, amidst the posh town of Mumbai, is a favourite hot-spot for many tourists. Most sightseers, who come here, enjoy the local delicacies sold at the many beach food stalls.